Simplify How You Serve Your Community
Easier Code Access and Usability Begins with a Transformative Solution
General Code supports you and your municipality through technologies that transform your user experience and empower you to access, navigate and share your Code in exciting new ways. That’s why our platform is trusted by more than 2,000 local governments.
eCode360®: Built by Codifiers
Our eCode360 platform is the gold standard for online codification solutions. In fact, we are the first major codifier to develop an online platform to specifically house codified laws and municipal information.
The eCode360 platform was designed by our own in-house team of software engineers; experts who understand the importance and value of simplifying how you access and use your Code. eCode360’s intuitive design, responsive navigation, and robust search functionality drive performance and user satisfaction, generating an impressive 71,000 users a day while boasting an incredible uptime average of 99.9%.
Simple for Everyone
Whether you’re a clerk, attorney or planner, you will find that eCode360 offers a user experience that’s simple and intuitive. An easy-to-use uncluttered interface—that’s adaptable and responsive to desktop and handheld devices—allows you to access, search and share Code sections with incredible speed and precision. Enjoy the power to communicate information to your municipality and your citizens like never before.
eCode360 offers dynamic uses for citizens, municipalities and admin users:
- With a few clicks, users can quickly and easily locate your Code and search content within it, including adopted legislation.
- Information can be quickly downloaded and shared via email, print or social media.
- When changes are made to a Code, users can receive eAlert Update Notifications to keep them updated.
- View and search newly adopted legislation between Code updates.
- Easily view previous versions of your Code online via the Online Code Archives feature.
- Search topics across multiple Codes at the same time from more than 1,900 accessible Codes. Or download sections of your Code to a Word document to easily begin drafting new legislation.
- Add private notes anywhere within your Code that you can make viewable to your staff and other designated municipal users.
- Enhance your constituents' user experience by adding public notes to sections of your Code that may contain links and annotations. Or create private notes anywhere within your Code that you can make viewable to a group of staff or just yourself.
- The Dashboard and Admin Console feature lets admin users see the number of people who have visited your eCode, most searched for terms in your Code, job history, and more.
- Upload minutes, agendas, resolutions and other public documents with your online Code for easy searching and public access.
- Add users and manage who has access to Admin or Municipal user functions within your Code.
Search thousands of online Codes anytime, anywhere. (There’s an App for that.)
With the free eCode Search™ App on your internet-connected phone or tablet, you have a powerful way to remotely access and search General Code’s robust eCode360 Library. That’s more than 2,000 municipal Codes from 25 States and Canada. And because all of our searchable Codes are housed on our industry-leading eCode360 platform, you know the information you’re searching for is accurate, clearly presented and up to date. Download the app for free from the App Store® or from Google Play.
“Multi-purpose” your Code Content—and better serve your community.
Give departments and individuals within your municipality the ability to view and use specific Code information they need—when they need it. With eCode360 Content Export, we export your Code’s content to an Excel or CSV file. From there, the file can be imported into systems other departments are already using, where information from your Code can be quickly viewed and used. This saves others—and especially workers in the field—the time and effort of searching the entire Code manually to find the particular section they need. To find out if it’s right for your municipality, contact us here.
Free Introductory eCode Webinar for Municipal Staff
Our introductory eCode webinar lets you work online with an experienced Training Specialist who can demonstrate eCode360’s powerful tools and features and offer step-by-step guidance to help you get the most from your user experience. A great resource for Municipal employees!
Attend a WebinarRequest a QuoteView eCode360 Library